This position at TPI is for a relationship-focused individual with appropriate industry experience to complement the existing team of professionals as they support the needs of the company’s cross-country network of over 900 independent Travel Advisors and agencies.
This position is directly responsible for ensuring the current and future business development needs of TPI are met as they relate to ensuring the successful onboarding and sales growth of new TPI travel advisors. Working closely alongside Sales and Marketing this objective will be met through the following, but not limited to:
- Participating and contributing to the development and execution of corporate business plans and budgets.
- Coaching and mentoring those in the position’s prevue to deliver on their objectives, including both staff and Advisors.
- Designing and delivering specific services and solutions to help the company and its advisors run their businesses most efficiently and effectively in the areas of recruitment as well as impacting these same areas in Sales and Marketing.
Major Work Activities:
- Assist in the development and execution of TPI’s corporate and departmental business plans as it relates to areas within the position’s prevue.
- Oversee the planning and execution of recruitment activities to proactively recruit new travel advisors and agencies to join TPI.
- Regularly analyze recruitment, growth, and retention information with Sales and Marketing against plan and take appropriate action to increase recruitment and travel sales growth.
- Proactively build and maintain relationships with TPI advisors.
- Assist in the development and execution of training initiatives to support corporate and departmental objectives, including but not limited to initial business planning activities with advisors as part of the onboarding process with Sales.
- Work closely with Marketing to identify areas where recruitment and sales growth can benefit.
- Maintain relationships with TPI’s marketing, event, and travel industry partners as appropriate.
- Maintain monthly, weekly, and daily contacts with other TPI team members as appropriate to ensure consistency and appropriateness of communication and service/program offerings.
- Provide performance reviews and recommendations for each team member with the position’s prevue.
- Manage all aspects of human resource requirements within the areas of responsibility.
- Keep on top of industry news, trends, for potential development of TPI services and solutions.
- Other duties as related and required to the success of travel sales, advisor retention, and recruitment.
- The position requires a minimum of 10 years of travel industry experience with demonstrated success in areas relevant to the position.
- Demonstrated participative leadership/team management experience. Experience in developing and delivering strategic business plans.
- Flexibility to adapt and respond to the changing needs of the industry and work environment.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent computer skills and some knowledge of industry software (Sabre, ClientBase).
- Excellent understanding of technology as it relates to sales. Excellent understanding of process and procedure.
- Post-secondary training in operations, management, travel, adult education and communication skills a definite asset.
- CTC or CTM accreditation an asset.
All interested candidates should send a copy of their cover letter and resume in confidence to email@example.com. We thank all interested respondents; however, only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.