Join Fergus O’Byrne back to his home country to explore the heritage of the music of Ireland. You will get to visit some of the iconic sites of Ireland and Northern Ireland. Then in the evenings enjoy the music of Ireland in some unique local pubs around Ireland.
If you play you are encourage to bring along your instrument and join or share your experience with both Irish and Newfoundland Music.
While the tour will be all about the music you will have time to sit back and enjoy a pint or just explore the wonders of these two beautiful countries.
- DAY 1 ARRIVE DUBLIN Embrace your playful side and indulge in the allure of the lively Irish capital – a small city with a lot of heart and yours to explore before meeting your Travel Director and fellow travellers this afternoon for a sightseeing tour with your Local Specialist. View St. Patrick’s Cathedral, the stately Georgian Squares and Trinity College. We spend this evening at a Welcome Dinner. Over drinks and good food, we’ll toast to our upcoming journey through the Emerald Isle. Meal(s): WD
- DAY 2 DUBLIN SIGHTSEEING AND FREE TIME Today we will visit the Guinness Storehouse with a Private VIP visit and learn how to pour the perfect pint. The rest of the day is yours to explore as you will. Meal(s): IB
- DAY 3 DUBLIN – WATERFORD – CORK On our way to Cork, we celebrate the centuries-old craft of flint glass creations during a Cultural Insight tour at the House of Waterford Crystal where we’ll see talented master craftsmen at work. Get a taste of Ireland while we visit the Jameson Experience museum and visitor centre. This is where every drop of whiskey is produced today. Develop a new appreciation of Irish Whiskey from grain to glass. Tonight we enjoy dinner together in Cork and taste some local fare. Meal(s): IB,RM
- DAY 4 CORK – CLIFFS OF MOHER – GALWAY The Cliffs of Moher are sea cliffs located at the southwestern edge of the Burren region in County Clare, Ireland. We visit with an in house guide on our way to Galway. Upon arrival to Galway, the rest of the day is at your leisure. Meal(s): IB
- DAY 5 GALWAY SIGHTSEEING AND FREE TIME This morning we meet our Local Specialist for a walking tour of the winding lanes lines with traditional pubs and visit Galway Cathedral. Take the rest of the day for yourself. Meal(s): IB
- DAY 6 GALWAY FREE DAY Full day of free time, maybe take an optional trip to Arran Island today? Meet up together tonight for dinner on some traditional Irish cuisine. Meal(s): IB,RM
- DAY 7 GALWAY – DONEGAL Heading north, we head to Drum cliff to see the final resting place of the beloved Irish poet W.B Yeats set against the backdrop of the Benbulben Mountains – his simple headstone inscribed with a self-penned epitaph. Our next stop is in Donegal to view the castle which was once the stronghold of the O’Donnell Clan. Dine together tonight in your hotel. Meal(s): IB,RM
- DAY 8 LONDONDERRY EXCURSION Off to Londonderry to join your Local Specialist for a walk along the 17th century city walls and see the turbulent Bogside neighbourhood with its street murals depicting the history of the ‘Troubles’. Spend the rest of the afternoon at leisure. Walk along the pretty River Foyle and across the Peace Bridge, or consider joining an Optional Experience to the beautiful Inishowen Peninsula with its rich history before returning to Donegal for the night. Meal(s): IB
- DAY 9 DONEGAL – GIANTS CAUSEWAY – BELFAST We leave the city behind us, journeying through the beautiful Antrim coast road, past scenic glens and rugged beaches, arriving at Giant’s Causeway to walk in the footsteps of Finn MacCool. Take some time to admire the natural spectacle of 40,000 interlocking basalt columns before journeying to Belfast. Upon arrival we take in the tragic story of the Titanic and the thousands of passengers that lost their lives takes centre stage on this Cultural Insight visit to the award winning Titanic Belfast Visitor Centre. Dine together tonight on some Northern Irish flavours. Meal(s): IB,RM
- DAY 10 GALWAY – DONEGAL Heading back into the Republic of Ireland to Dublin, we visit the Jameson Whiskey Distillery on Bow St to learn the beginning of the Jameson story and taste the fruits of their labour. The rest of the day is yours before meeting up for a musical farewell Dinner with a show. Dine, drink and sing along with Traditional Irish Music. Meal(s): IB,FD
- DAY 11 DEPART DUBLIN It’s time to close the chapter on an unforgettable Irish holiday. We bid our newfound friends and Travel Director a fond farewell. Meal(s): IB
LAND PORTION INCLUDED
- 10 nights accommodation in twin-bedded rooms with private facilities in TRAFALGAR HOTELS (European Standard).
- Taxes & tolls on land portion Group arrival transfer in Dublin. Group departure transfer to Dublin airport.
- One transfer per direction.
- Services of a professional English speaking Travel Director throughout.
- Local Specialists in Dublin, Galway, Londonderry and Belfast.
- Travel by a 48 seat luxury air-conditioned coach with reclining seats, wi-fi and onboard facilities throughout.
- Travel to Europe often required an overnight flight. Please arrange flights to arrive on or before Day 1.
YOUR INCLUDED SIGHTS
- Guinness Storhouse with Private Visit
- Jameson Distillery in Dublin
- Waterford Crystal Factory
- Jameson Distillery in Cork
- Cliffs of Moher
- Galway Cathedral
- Giants Causeway
- Titanic Belfast
- Irish House Party for Farewell Dinner
- AIRFARES, air departure & security taxes and any airport fees.
- International Air – Trafalgar guarantees to quote you the lowest possible airfare available Group air is based on a minimum of 10 guests. Terms and conditions will vary by carrier and will be advised at the time of the air quote.
- Meals other than stated per itinerary. Drinks during meals unless specified.
- Gratuities for the Travel Director, Driver and Local Specialists. Travel Insurance Any optional experience not specifically stated.
YOUR INCLUDED DINING
- 10 Breakfasts, 6 Dinners Meal
- Legend on the Itinerary
- IB: Irish Breakfast, WD: Welcome Dinner, D: Dinner, RM: Regional Meal, FD: Farewell Dinner.