February 2014: 8-Day tour with Indus Holidays
I visited Morocco in February 2014 on a FAM trip with Indus Holidays. The Imperial Cities tour began in Casablanca and continued to Rabat, Volubilis, Fez and “Red City” of Marrakech.
Favourite City: Marrakech, for all the hustle and bustle of its very lively square and bright markets
Favourite Experience: Visiting the famous Rick’s Cafe in Casablanca
Favourite Food: Moroccan Chicken Tagine
- Viewing some of the best preserved Roman architecture in Rabat and Volubilis
- Shopping in the bustling city of Marrakech
- Exploring mosques, tombs, fortresses and palaces
- Enjoying the vibrant culture and history of Morocco
November 2012: 12-day tour with Compass Holidays
I visited China in November 2012 on a 12-day tour with Compass Holidays visiting Shanghai, Chongqing, Dazu, Guangzhou, Hong Kong, and a cruise along the Yangtze River. My time in China surpassed my expectations. The cities were very modern and I was surprised by how clean and uncrowded the streets were, especially in a city like Chongqing that has a population of almost 30 million people. Our hosts from the local tourism authorities were very welcoming and hospitable.
Favourite City: Hong Kong, for the shopping in Stanley Market and the panoramic views from Victoria Peak
Favourite Experience: Passing the magnificent Qutang Gorge, Wu Gorge and Xiling Gorge while cruising the Yangtze River
Favourite Food: Experiencing an authentic dim sum meal
- Eating a hot pot dinner and visiting the Panda Zoo in Chongqing
- Seeing the Dazu Stone Carvings – a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Yangtze River Cruise
- Hong Kong Island and Victoria Peak
- Seeing Big Buddha in Ngong Ping Village
- Eating at Jumbo Floating Restaurant – made famous by appearing in Jackie Chan movies
August 2010: 14-day tour with Insight Vacations
I escorted a group on the “Best of Italy” tour with Insight Vacations in August 2010. This 14-day guided motor coach tour took us on an amazing adventure through Rome, Assisi, Venice, Florence, Sorrento, Tuscany, Pisa, Isle of Capri and the Amalfi Coast. With a fantastic tour leader, new friends, and stunning scenery in each destination, this was truly a trip to remember.
Favourite City: Rome, for its rich history and culture
Favourite Experience: Capri, for its scenic beauty and the boat ride around the island
Favourite Food: Everything was delicious!
- Visiting the Sistine Chapel and Vatican Museum
- Walking through the Colosseum in Rome,
- Wine tasting at a vineyard in Tuscany
- Sseeing the Statue of David in the Accademia Museum in Florence
- Taking a gondola ride in Venice